Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Cell phone blues

So J, my husband, has had a cellphone since before the Kidlet was born -- after I went and got him one. I've always gotten insurance on his cellphones because he is hard on things.
So far, he's never needed a replacement or even a repair.

Then he realizes last week that he's lost it. "It's okay!" I say. "Two years is up on it, so you can definitely upgrade!" But we never get around to actually going the mile to the store to get his replacement.

And then he finds it on the backporch when he goes to mow the lawn. There it is, a little damp from all the rain last week. And yet? Works perfectly once he's charged it.
It's like just having the insurance is guaranteeing he never loses or breaks it!

Of course, there's no insurance on mine, because I'm careful. And of course, this spring, my cellphone went belly up -- the screen just went black and no, I hadn't dropped it or anything. So I had to fork out some cash to replace it.
I think the Fates conspire against me.

No comments: