Thursday, May 1, 2008

Earbuds

Because I commute by train/bus/subway for four hours a day (on average), my iPod is very important to me and I take very good care not only to keep it nice but also to keep everything on it organized to an annoying degree. Unfortunately, the headphones always cause problems for me.

What I've noticed is that nice earbuds* come with YARDS of audio cord and I always manage to get that cord caught on anything and everything in my bag: books, notebooks, my Treo, pens, the iPod itself, zippers, whatever. So there's generally a great deal of yanking when I go to pull the iPod and headphones out of my bag and one or both of the earpieces always manages to get separated from the cord. I have probably gone through half a dozen sets in two years.

* I love earbuds. Can't wear anything else. 1) Speaker style headphones don't insulate the music from people around you, and 2) they're just too damn loosey-goosey and I like how snug and secure earbuds are.

No comments: