Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Dress shoes

No matter how hard I try, my dress shoes always, always end up with major scuffing on the toes. Do I drag my feet without knowing it? Am I not careful enough around screen doors? Or is it my regular attempts to sabotage commuters with rolling bags by casually sliding my foot under one wheel as we walk down the train platform?*

Either way, I now only buy one pair of nice shoes at any given time. I have been wearing this pair of black Dr. Martens for seriously two years now. Average day at work? I'm wearing the Docs. Brand new suit for an important meeting on Capitol Hill? The Docs. Going to a wedding? Docs. Day of fun in the sun at Ocean City? No shirt, swim trunks AND THE MOTHERFUCKIN' DOCS.

But seriously, it is kind of annoying. I just don't pay enough attention to the hazards of daily life when I have shoes (or anything really) that I want to keep nice!

* So satisfying when that spins a rolling bag out of control.

2 comments:

Emily said...

I have to say your obsession with rolling bags is a little unhealthy.

I would buy one, but I'd probably break it immediately.

odalisques said...

Or is it my regular attempts to sabotage commuters with rolling bags by casually sliding my foot under one wheel as we walk down the train platform?*

Hah! I do that too. It feels righteous somehow.