Monday, April 28, 2008

Scandanavian Handblown Glass Birdfeeder


Dateline: just now, my workplace.

My job involves taking things, often fragile, expensive things, made with care by artisans who are using wind power right now, and putting those things in boxes. Then I ship the boxes through the mail. You can probably see what's coming here. It's best that I'm not a surgeon.
I made gross miscalculation about slipping one of these off of a hanging display, and now it is in tiny artisanal shards.

4 comments:

Emily said...

Those are really beautiful, too. SHAME ON YOU

Frenz said...

You should order one, before I BREAK THEM ALL.
Then you can break it at home!

flightless said...

Squirrels would just break them in the yard. You're saving their poor little bare squirrel-feet from shards of glass.

Amy said...

The sound it made as it hit the floor was spectacular.